6.10.08

Viera Kucera & Ruth Stofer "War/Game"

22.30h - Ca Revolta

I did an audiopiece with the title WAR/GAME which I always wanted to play live in a club while people are dancing. The beats in my audiopiece are based on war sounds like gun shots and explosions. Some of the sounds have been recorded by a radio or tv station for the news from a real war, others are artificial sounds which I recorded by playing a wargame on a computer. You can listen to the soundfile on my homepage (portfolio/sound): http://www.vierakucera.ch/
Ruth Stofer is working with video/sound and we would like to work with WAR/GAME adding video to do an audio-visual performance live in a club in Valencia, maybe on a party organized by AdA.
The idea of the work: People can no longer make the difference between real and artificial. What is artificial, looks (sounds or smells etc) more and more natural to people – what is real can feel artificial or strange.

No comments: